View Single Post
Old 14-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
i used to have charcoal lump (which you can easily find on amazon) in my water bottles. That is supposed to be really good for water, acts as a filter.

I think getting "good" water is always going to be somewhat of a struggle, even if you go into the hills nad the mountains, you will be getting water which is rife with minerals - and you can have too much of a good thing.

i've heard of the charcoal lump for cleaning water. charcoal is great. put bbq charcoal in cupboards and the fridge...keeps food fresh at least twice as long and more for most veg.

and you're right about the minerals. some spring waters are yuck in my experience. tesco's own brand is even slightly acidic which is not good imo. about 20-30 mg of calcium and 7.4 -7.8 alkalinity is what i think is best. that's a fairly soft water. over 35 mg calcium it starts to be "hard" water which isn't so cool. also other factors can make pure water still not potable.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."