View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Master
Namaste.

All of this is awesome! Thank you to Bindu and Jonesboy. <3

I have previously just only briefly skimmed the Spanda Karikas, although I have studied Vijnana Bhairav Tantra in depth and also read Tantraloka by Abhinavagupta.

I was 'The Necromancer' in another forum-life, Jonesboy and hence why I didn't reply to your PM yet...because you already know me...what is in my mind and heart....so I didn't do it just yet.

Suffice to say, I haven't been reading much. Last night I found a set of tabla in the back of my brother's music store...sitting under a pile of stuff...

I got it out, started to tune it...matched my brother playing harmonics on his electric guitar with tabla harmonics...showed him how to do eight beats within a single beat, how to tap and stretch the skin...he was like "no way! I didn't know you could play the tabla!" I followed that with "I bet you I can do a lot of things you had no idea I could do" and started singing Rudrashtakam in Sanskrit along with playing tabla and his jaw just dropped.

Then, one of my brother's music students started following my tabla lead on the zither and my brother switched from electric guitar to the theremin.

We did a three-piece shiva kirtan right then and there for Tabla, Zither and Theremin with me singing Shiva prayers in Sanskrit and them joining in chanting "om" and "om namah shivay" on the chorus and my brother is like "we should so be recording this!" but we didn't record it.

He was like "next time we will record it" but then I was like "yeah, but it will lose it's authentic 'spur of the moment" sound then. lol

Aum Namah Shivaya