Thread: The Game
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2020, 05:36 PM
Master

Thumbs up game

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
My understanding is that we (i.e. our souls) are mind-and-spirit empowered Life-flow 'creators', so we can make up (i.e. 'in'vent) and play whatever 'games' we wish to (or just keep playing the ones we were born into, if that is our 'inclination').

I interpret Jesus' statement "In my Father's house there are many mansions" to mean that there are many (kinds of) games, each with their own 'fields' (or 'courts') to choose from. Jesus was a MAJOR 'game'-maker, his 'game' being open to and joinable by anyone/everyone present. The full quote in the foregoing regard is: "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know." (John 14:2-3)

In a certain way, I would say, My understanding is that certain kinds of dynamics pertain to the game's flow-process ... in Spades, Hearts, Diamonds and Clubs!, euphemistically speaking.

Answering these questions, from my treatise:
"Analogous to the way it takes many years of ‘schooling’ wherein initially ignorant and unskilled novices are tasked with learning and given the opportunity to master increasingly complex ‘lessons’ and thereby, upon ‘passing’ greater adeptitude-demanding ‘tests’, progress through a series of ‘grade’ levels to the point where they finally ‘graduate’ from vocational training programs and schools of knowledge, [in this 'game'] it takes numerous physical lifetimes for ‘young’ souls to become masterfully adept at deploying their ‘inner’ Love and Joy ‘program’ in relation to Life and others in it in the context of the infinite psychospiritual possibility containing ‘stream’ of sometimes mind-n-spirit sparking opportunities and sometimes mind-n-spirit daunting challenges that are encountered in the course of living in a matrixially multi-layered, complexly interwoven physiosocial [game-]system such as ours.

The alternative in relation to any particular challenge and/or opportunity, of course, being to ‘fail’ to do so, though, as you probably know if you are experienced enough, such ‘failure’ does not in and of itself preclude anyone from progressing in the above regard because one may often learn even more by reviewing and learning ‘lessons’ from one’s ‘failures’ than one’s ‘successes’. Indeed, the possibility of ‘failure’, and so ‘failures’ themselves, are crucial components of a soul’s developmental process. A string of ‘successes’ alone will not result in one’s developing the degree of mental acuity and emotional resilience required to recognize, wisely navigate, and functionally emancipate oneself from being subject to the pulls and pushes of immediate selfish-gratification affording ‘temptations’ which, besides often leading one in a ‘wrong’ (short-term-gain-long-term-cost) direction, divert precious attention and energy away from the goal of maximally actualizing one’s Love and Joy potential in relation to and with other aspects of Life’s Presence and Flow Process. As in the case of a child’s learning to stand up, walk, run, etc., experiences of ‘failure’ resulting from one’s being short-sighted, careless, uncoordinated, etc. and (so) losing one’s balance, tripping and falling, bumping into walls, etc. in relation to others actually pave the way for ‘success’ in this regard.

The short version of the full [game]-'story’ is that, with the benefit of having both (‘unsuccessful’ and ‘successful’) kinds of experiences, souls may incrementally become aware of the ins and outs of the multivarious kinds of liabilities that attend ‘petty’ selfishness and (so) in due course choose as well as ultimately manage to transcend any and all selfish-‘i’dentity based inclinations, such that they eventually become fully functionally capable of and completely devoted to optimizing and augmenting The Entity of Life’s Love and Joy Flow (beyond the scope of their ‘own’ selfish one) and from then on live in a state of ‘at oneness’ (i.e. in conjunction) with said ever‑ongoing process forever (i.e. ‘eternally’) thereafter. The alternative possibility in this ‘ultimate’ regard, of course, being that souls may completely capital ‘F’(!) Fail to do and be so. [They may be thought of as being 'losers' in such game's context.]

The latter possibility derives from the fact that, if and as a soul reacts, as all selfish-ego ensconced (hence ‘immature’ in psychospiritual terms) souls are prone to at least sometimes do, to the frustration(s) and disappointment(s) of personal wishes, hopes, and expectations by becoming even more selfish-gratification oriented (the idea that Life presents us with a series of ‘tests’ which we may either ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ pertains here), and if such all too human reactional tendency isn’t somehow ‘disarmed’ and ‘neutralized’, such that a soul persists in becoming more so, it may eventually become so mentally and emotionally ‘i’solated in the ‘bubble’ of its own ‘petty’ selfishness that whatever inclination and capacity it may have had to experience and express Love and Joy in relation to and with others shrinks and shrivels (i.e. devolves) to the point where it finally becomes completely unloving and unjoyful in relation to Life. What then ‘happens’ (since the Essence of Life is Love and Joy and that is what our Entity is actually the living expression of) is that such soul just ‘blinks out’ and ‘vanishes’ as a psychospiritual pattern (or ‘entity’) from the ‘field’ of Life and therefore completely ‘loses’ the possibility of ever incarnating again as a unit. There is no Love and Joy ‘kernel’ left which can then possibly (re)incarnate and thereby learn and ‘grow’ to the point where it nodally integrates with and thereafter ‘eternally’ lives on as a full-fledged ‘member’ of the ‘Body’ of Life.
"

One can 'cheat' in relation to others, but one can't 'cheat' in terms of the final 'score' one garners. "Whatsoever a wo/man soweth, that shall s/he also reap." yada-yada.

No. Everyone can play at the same time.

I must appreciate your understanding and explaining capabilities .Life as a game has base in Brahma Sutras (Lokavattu Leela Kaivalyam ) in Hinduism. And you have explained it beautifully .

Like all games there will be high uncertainties and lots of luck factor in life too giving ample scope and arena ( free wiil ) for meaningful enjoyable play.