View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34

Quite a broad generalisation there, 7L. The same can be said for women, too. I have known many - either friends or ex work colleagues - who were on the prowl not even two months post split. I don't even think it's necessarily the case of sex, I think it's searching for that something they feel is missing, IMO.

I think (in all honesty) these folks are in that phase where as I said, they are not in their right minds. I would recommend therapy and self-nurturing and care rather than what amounts to lobbing "sexual napalm" all over everyone who crosses their path. (One of John Meyer's best quotes).

And I agree, that when you see this degree of recklessness, there is literally no way in hell that anyone who engages with folks in this mad rebound period could expect anything other than to be brutally used, whether gay or straight, man or woman.

Remember, however, the OP is female and speaking of a man. My response was tailored specifically to her

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
This is the crux of the matter for me, yeah - it's the human condition writ large, in essence, and it causes people (of both genders) to compromise their integrity and very often simply leads to heartache and all sorts of ugly consequences further down the line.

It's why I really feel that we need to heal the conflict within ourselves in order to affect real, meaningful change in the way we relate to one another, and that means letting go of any negativity we may feel towards others, however justified it may appear to be.

Agreed, and well said!

Peace & blessings all
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke