View Single Post
Old 17-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Master
My Own Near Death Experience Many Years Ago

Since I had previously told MARDAV70 that I would share my own near-death-experience once a thread was started on this subject, I am now fulfilling my part of that agreement since MARDAV70 has indeed started a near-death-experience thread.

In my early 20s, I was in an "irreversible coma" for three days during which I was finally taken off life support since there was no hope of recovery and, in the unlikely event of a recovery, doctors had told my family that there would be significant brain damage and organ damage.

In that state, I could see my body from afar as well as doctors, nurses, family members near my bedside, and the Roman Catholic priest administering the last rites. I could also clearly see my brother and sister down the hallway and could describe accurately what they were wearing despite the fact that they never entered the room. From afar, I was very aware of what was transpiring both locally and non-locally. There were no spatial limitations or physical barriers that could not be transcended simply by shifting attention.

There was also an unfathomable peace that can not be described. Before me, I could clearly see a cross-legged being of light whose facial features I could not make out but who radiated peace and contentment. I was perfectly content to stay in this peaceful place with this cross-legged being. (Paradoxically, coming from a Roman Catholic background, I had no prior exposure to eastern meditation or eastern practices so this appearance was quite alien to my background at that particular time.)

Without words, it became clear that it was not yet time to leave the earthly plane as there was more work to be done there. There were absolutely no concerns about the physical vehicle as my attention shifted to the lifeless body below. The life-force consciously re-entered the body and I sat up SYMPTOM FREE and said, "I'm hungry and want to go home". The doctors had no explanation as I excitedly related the details of my adventure from which I had emerged completely symptom-free. I was completely lucid and not the least bit groggy or indisposed.

Since that time, there has been no fear of death and I now view death as a non-event. I discovered that the worldly appearance is not what it appears to be and got a lot of insight into the nature of life, health, and the mysteries of life and death. The appearance of the cross-legged being triggered an intense spiritual quest away from my unsatisfying religious tradition and into eastern practices. This culminated in realizing the value in all traditions with some being more direct than others and some being more appropriate than others for different temperaments. Along the pathless path of the spiritual quest, I was blessed to have had many very special companions on the journey to lighten the way and enlighten.

As for the cross-legged being of light, that "vision" was completely misunderstood by me and it was only years later that I finally realized what that was all about. Some of you might intuitively sense what happened but it was not evident to me for years.

Lastly, how I got into that state is another story for another time and one that is not really relevant to this discussion. I am mentioning this because I am not inclined to address questions on that subject at this time.