View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Very profoundly stated.

I started writing a book once...finished three chapters of it, then lost interest. I realised I had said everything I wanted to say in about 30 pages, and came to the awareness that a book wasn't meant to be written in an abridged form at the outset and I could not come up with so much "filler rubbish" in order to extend it out into any kind of readable tome...clearly, I have neither the patience nor aptitude for book writing and I had to discover that the hard way.

I have also moved on from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) which deals more with Radical Acceptance of things we have no power to change.

I have looked into EFT and Rapid Eye Movement Desensitisation, but realised that these procedures were "not for me", even though I seek to address my concerns at a subconscious level, so I am going back into doing Yoga Nidra on a more intense and involved level...not leaving it just for those times when insomnia bites.

I tried several attempts at writing books. Most of them are incomplete. However, I did complete a short story about a teenage boy having a past life as a little girl, during the Great Depression, who is that struck and killed by an oncoming train. I also made it halfway through writing a full novel about a guy who finds out he exists as a female, in a parallel universe.