View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 06:53 PM
Knower

‘Tis what is called the demonization of the paranormal. There are those who see demons under every bed, including the four-posters of fairies, poltergeists, ufonauts, certain Elementals, Mothman, Shadow People, and even Bigfoot. Much of the blather is disinformation, sensationalism, or paranoia. In this sense, I’m in agreement.

That is not to say I don’t believe in the existence of a demonic realm, but according to experts in this field diabolic possession is extremely rare. The purpose of these devils and their sinister underlings, it is said, is to weaken the energumen’s free will. It’s quite possible these nefarious entities have the means to destroy a human but are restricted from doing so as per God’s divine law.

I’ve experienced my own share of ghostly encounters and do not regard these to have been in any way related to fallen angels.

That being said, I’ve studied the material of several psychic researchers into the matter of demonic activity and some of them have professed to witnessing demonic possession first hand. The victims are sometimes slapped, pushed, bit, punched, spew ungodly profanities and, during their possession, are said to fear the cross (staurophobia) or the name of Jesus Christ. These same researchers note how many of today’s sky pilots curiously scoff at the idea of God-opposing evil forces and how the majority of ghost hunters likewise dismiss the idea of the existence of such malevolent spirit creatures (as if demons would care whether one believes in them or not).

I know of one person who, years ago, practiced trying to communicate with a dead loved one and later spent years of harrowing psychic attack. One day, amidst the thick of it, he heard an unseen voice call out to him in a whispery holler, all about him, similar to surround-sound stereo, the name of Satan. Up to that point, this person disbelieved in the Devil and still does, regarding this to have been the work of prankish spirit tricksters and the effect of his having gotten involved with this particular form of divination. This followed with the voice exclaiming, “I exist!” I relate this account for no other reason than to point out that occasionally instances of High Strangeness do reveal a theological aspect to them for some experiencers, regardless of how these ones choose to interpret it. On a relevant note, this person, during his years of diabolic harassment, also saw humanlike spectors, witnessed apports and the displacement of objects, and felt cold spots, all of which – incidentally or coincidentally – are known to be associated with ghosts and hauntings as well. Thre appears to be an overlap of sorts.

Then there is the story of an elderly man I knew who in the 1950s said he attended a seance. His desire was to make contact with his dearly departed wife (who died prematurely), and ended up regretting ever doing so. He told me some things that happened to him following the seance that resembled the doings of demonic oppression. I never forgot what he once said to me as it had made me chuckle. In one of his less dispirited moments, perhaps as a means of introducing a bit of levity into the conversation, as was often his tendency to do, he remarked: “The vow we made was that we’d love each other ‘till death do us part.’ I guess for her that was the extent of it.”

It’s commonly known there are some psychic researchers who use the term demons loosely, to describe even low-level spirits, without necessarily believing them to be in any way associated with the Christian religion.

The person mentioned in the preceding first experience was so terrified at having heard that unseen voice identify itself as the Evil One that it just might have been some low-level entity who gets off scaring his victims for the sole purpose of feeding off their fear. Who knows.

I sense there are those who refuse to think of demons as real as this might then give validation to the doctrines of orthodox Christianity which they possibly find loathsome, but it’s my feeling that these evil spirits don’t necessarily have to be restricted or confined to the realm of Christian theology or even monotheistic dogma for that matter, in order for them to be real and of the supernatural realm.

In the end, ghosts and hauntings may be the least of our concerns. To this day, there are many sober, sane & intelligent non-religious humans who believe that analogous invisible and benighted minions to still be somewhat at work in human affairs, operating the strings to some extent, perhaps currently orchestrating and manoevering events within the field of A.I. research, for example, with the aim of seeing to an envisioned future in which the freedom of humans will be reduced to the level of automatons, slaves, or pets ... akin to the victims of demonic oppression. If so, therein lies the true chilling monstrosity of it all.