View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
But if we forget, can we involute? I mean, we have learnt lessons, but what if in one lifetime we are on the verge of reaching the Enlightment, and then in the next lifetime we become more attached to this world and, therefore, go back in our spiritual evolution?

Is there any possibility to choose to remember? Because if is that possible, I prefer to not forget anything.

One problem is that if you don't forget, you will repeat the thought patterns from the past life. And since they didn't work out previously, are you sure they will work this time? Even if you look your life so far, are you completely sure what is "true" and what is real "knowledge"? Can our monkey brain handle all that information? What if you had terrible experience in the past life? Can you live "normal life" knowing it?

Of course, this topic is very speculative. I can list both pros and cons. At the end, IMO this life is all about illusion, and not knowing your previous life just fits the bill.. I don't think that what you understood about yourself is completely lost though. Although we all started blank this life, you can still see how different people are. So there is something "encoded" in their life. If not as direct knowledge, indirectly via motivations, tendencies, goals. I believe also that our spirit constantly guides us, to some degree at least. However I don't think this spirit knows it all either, since it wouldn't be still in this situation...

At the end, I would agree, that the whole thing looks stupid, but this is just the level of existence we are in... It's painful to say it, but we are two-legged monkeys, how worse can it be? Living as earth worms? I don't believe in a "benevolent" nature, so I don't need to believe that the reincarnation loop has necessary a "higher purpose". For what I know, it may be designed to enslave us. Gaining knowledge is generally painful and against the system.

AFAIK, the so called "Akashic records" is a modern term created by the Theosophical Society, and mostly just repeated blindly after that. There is no ancient knowledge to support that such thing exists. People for some reason loved the idea though, and is probably one of the few things remaining from the TS.