View Single Post
Old 20-03-2018, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator
What a pity Mooncat....I have three good mason jars which I don't use and have locking mechanism and seals. I would gladly give them to you! But I bet we are a thousand miles apart! lol

What is really really important is keeping damp and light out of the dried herbs. A good way to store them long term would be in Mylar bags with oxygen absorbers (easily bought on Amazon or elsewhere) Then seal the bags with either an iron or hair straighteners.
And a good trick for a pretty good vacuum seal:

Seal the Mylar with heat only up to the last half inch. Leave that open.
Get your vacuum cleaner tube and fix on a tiny plastic tube (you can get those in handwash containers etc) Clean that tube and dry it thoroughly. Then attach it to the end of the vacuum cleaner tube maybe with duct tape.
Put that in the last half inch of the Mylar bag and carefully suck out remaining air. Be careful of course not to let the dried herbs get sucked up too!
When there is an obvious vacuum (the bag collapses) quickly clamp the hair straighteners just below where the tube went in.
Be careful not to heat-seal the tube as well, so it must be quite well below it. Then pull out the tube.

Herbs sealed like that and kept in a cool dark place will keep potent for a very very long time.