View Single Post
Old 16-01-2014, 02:32 AM
Experiencer
In Honor of Alice and Jim

I place this up in honor of my great grandmother and grandfather. They were good people who didn't mind being a little more out there. My great grandpa Jim was in love with Native American stuff. You never saw him without his moccasins, or his beaded necklaces. And Grandma Alice... well, she was all her own person. She smoked, she could shoot whiskey, loved dirty books, and didn't have a problem with making her conservative daughters blush with off-color remarks.

And they were two of the most loving people I have ever known, and I miss them greatly. They made it past the 50 year anniversary, and even at that time, they were still in love so much that even a joke of Grandma divorcing Grandpa sent Alice crying to her room for two days. They were so sweet.

Grandpa Jim left me with a lasting tribute by way of a butterscotch candy addiction, and Grandma Alice left her mark on me by simply living long enough for me to get to know her a little better.

I miss them both greatly, and am incredibly saddened that I will never get to know them and find out who they really were, now that I am older. They are missed.