View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 06:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
So do you believe there is an escape from duality?

I like to think so. Taking the imaginary Zen master we talk about above.
I believe he or she has gone beyond the dichotomy of identifying a self with the action of carrying wood and chopping water.

So much so that there is no story. There is action, driven by causes until causality ceases.

With Love
Eelco

Has your mind ever ping ponged eventually creating a 'light bulb' moment from that energy manifested?

Duality embodies itself as both friend and foe, trapper and re-leaser.

Duality is like an overlay but instead of overlaying on the surface of something else, it overlay itself in an in-folding. It is both it's surface and it's depth. I surmise that is the expansion Julian mentioned.

Duality is what looks for a point eventually only to find itself and concludes it is the point. I think duality being a natural trickster tricks even itself in to believing it found THE point as THE point.

Getting back to expansion. Least we forget, duality is both expansion and contraction. Expansion as the seeker seeks and as a perceived contraction or master as one.

The mind is both the path and the destination of itself. Whenever trying to grasp something 'other' I ask myself, is this of the mind or that which is indescribable somehow tickling the mind like a spark or ember?

Remember
ember

There is no right or wrong being as anything, everything, or nothing. However, right and wrong will differ in this regard. LOL

We are always indescribably home all the while taking the describable on a long way home.

These lyric from SuperTramp are fun to muse on:

Quote:
You never see what you want to see
Forever playing to the gallery
You take the long way home
Take the long way home

"You never see what you want to see" probably because 'it' is not of mind. Mind which sees, feels and aware of the same as itself.

Is there 'something' of greater value and capacity for returning truth then duality? Not to duality there isn't and there lies the rub, spark or ember whatever name one may like to call 'it'.