Thread: Things 'n Stuff
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Limes

So you are trying to get a grasp of this and it is really hard, because, where can you get some leverage, how can you get enough space between you and the thing that entraps you so cagily? And the answer to that is to develop several different non-congruent belief systems, and the freedom of that is, when one entraps you in a situation where it seems like there is no solution to get to the next 'place', you switch it out for another more suited to your desired vector.

By way of example, I will share a personal tale. They tried to raise me catholic in this life, and I would have none of it, and by the time I was an adult, anyone that came near me with any sort Christian ideology would be met with the interactional equivalent of bug spray. But come middle age, it came to me that a friend was having a very hard time selling his deceased mother's house. And on someone's advice, he bought a little statue of a catholic saint, and the deal was, that you say a little prayer to the saint, and bury it on the property, and the saint would help you sell the house. But my friend could not bring himself to do it. Would I? Well at this time I was somewhat a guardian of this friend's life vector, and not terribly attached to my own notions, and while I was a bit squeamish about it, I said I would, and then did. Within 48 hours, a woman shows up and she's in love with the place, so in love she doesn't even quibble for the price. This really happened, and it happened again when after several months of trying to sell his own house upon retirement, I did the little prayer with the little statue again and boom! Someone shows up and wants to buy the place, though in that case there were a couple of counter offers.

So: twice is a pattern, and I conclude (still tentatively) that "Hey! This thing really works! This thing is true!"

Now, the interesting thing to note here, is that this was not my belief. Who would believe such a silly thing? When I said the words of the prayer, it was in a spirit that was mechanical, and with some rolling of the eyes.

Someone else's belief system, however was so strong as to create it, and then make it available to others. So, there's lots to think about there.

Last edited by Limes : 10-01-2015 at 09:20 PM.