View Single Post
Old 20-04-2016, 12:51 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRose
I'm learning to be VERY patient..lol..Which isn't my trait either, I can be pretty anxious in situations like this that need "figuring out"..;)
Haha! I have to figure everything out.... it's very hard to go against that trait! I totally sympathize with you. :)

Yeah, ours was more from a distance for a while, too - I mean, I'd noticed him off and on over time and thought he was cute once or twice but never thought anything beyond that. Then we made eye contact a few times.... and for good or bad, I honestly haven't been the same since. Ironically, that all started on a trip I didn't even want to go on and we met at a party I wasn't supposed to be at. Ha. Those 2 times that he really talked to me, which were both at events I really had no reason to be at... I think the only reason I worked my way into being there was because of a different guy who had a crush on me. Who, interestingly, is pretty close with the guy I do like. It's kinda messy and as far as I know, they don't know about each other regarding me.

I have wondered if my being there alone would make him more comfortable talking with me... unfortunately I've never had the opportunity to be alone when he's around. I always have someone with me and he's usually with his friends on the occasions that I see him.

It makes sense that your guy wouldn't talk to you with your husband there, though, even just as a basic human thing. If he found you attractive and saw that you were clearly married, he wouldn't want to act on those feelings. But if he stopped seeing your husband, he'd be more confident in talking with you, even if it never went any further than that.