View Single Post
Old 14-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
This is a really intelligent observation, and something I continuously get better at: letting it happen in the pace I am ready for, because more and more it is evident that me trying to push myself into a place where I feel better is not working at all.

Thank you :)

I mostly learned it from my private Yoga students... I noticed that we would reach a point where our lessons together had plateaued... They werent progressing, and I wasnt feeling it. Usually within two more lessons they would discontinue the classes.

I learned that point arose because the student had gone as far as they could go in that moment, and they needed to integrate the teachings.

The problem is that teachers and healers arent taught to tune into the natural progression of students because they're trying to make a living.

I had to dig into myself and realise that making this work be about the money sullied it. I'm not saying that we should work for free - I don't, but I understand now that if it's about the healer / teacher valuing themselves or making a living, then it stops being about the healing proces of the other person. Sure, you're still doing the work, but the intention is making a living.

So now, I tell my students / clients at the outset that I trust intuition, and that if either of us feel we need to stop, we release each other.

The money always comes from somewhere else :)