View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 04:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchain
Dumai beyond health? Not quite sure I catch the direction you're going, although I like your question. And I am curious about why you are only interested in the dumai, and not the ren mai, because these two highways are usually talked about together, as one is the front (yin) and the other is the back (yang). I am guessing you have heard about the microcosmic orbit? When my acupuncturist opened my channels, he opened the ren and du channels together, not separately.

I am studying the lunar mansions as points along the sushumna channel. This is the dumai. It's from that point of view. I begin with the sacred knowledge. This can be used for health, or divination - but when it is used for spiritual self-evolution is it "beyond". That's what I mean. It is not for staying stuck in the material only. I am mixing ideas from different philosophies, looking for an essence. But first I need to know the basics of each system - which is a lot of work.

I'm glad you had a good experience with your acupuncturist.

I have had the best experience with reflexology, reiki and being in the energy of my spiritual teacher. These also work with the same energy meridians but in a different way.