View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 05:27 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoic
my friend that I wasn't really close with but still care for died of a heroin overdose. the funeral is the day after tomorrow (technically day after today since I'm posting this at 345 am) and I'd like to help him cross over.

Many people automatically think death by drug overdose, alcoholism, suicide, autoerotica affixation are bad since they appear to be preventable - the deceased is responsible for his/her death ...
The survivors as well as others tend to think of these types of deaths as shameful or embarrasing or undignified or "bad" ...
Christians believe souls who die in a state of unrepentant mortal sin bypass purgatory and descend into hell where they suffer the punishments of "eternal fire."
My belief is when it is our time it is our time regardless of how it happens ...
There is no punishment for any cause of death ...
They all cross over like everyone else ...
However, spirits do like to hang around till after the funeral or funerary reception as my husband did ...
He was purdy bossy/insistent about the cheap ****** coffin he wanted while I was checking out a luxurious $10,000 casket ...

[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]

I'm sorry for your loss ...