View Single Post
Old 24-08-2018, 01:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Often the problem with Spiritual people is that they only look through the lens of Spirituality and don't see anything else. Almost all of the time that 'anything else' provides the framework for their Spirituality, so if your framework isn't right your Spirituality won't be all that it could be. Your OP suggests not Spirituality but psychological conflict and that's not good ground for the foundations.

I think this is the telling part -

In the OP, you repeat the phrase 'negative emotions' time and again. Simply, your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. You define them as 'negative' so that's what they become in your reality. 'Negative' usually means 'don't like', 'don't want to deal with' or 'shouldn't happen to a nice person like me' and once that happens the conflict in our minds occurs and in this case it becomes your religion. Each one of your headings suggests conflict not Spirituality, including "Life is all about the happiness and not the hardships".

I'd suggest taking an about turn in your perspective and go inwards with this, to find what's really in your heart and mind. Forget positive emotions as a divine state, a divine state happens when you turn your hurts into halos.

You can't change the past, but you can change how you perceive it and what you move forwards with in your heart. When you acknowledge how it's affected you and you've created the intention to move on and turn around all that held you back, only then will you truly understand and it will not be your religion but your Spirituality.

Emotional theorists and neuroscientists refer to our emotions as positive emotions or negative emotions. I agree and support this based upon my own personal experience. As a matter of fact, positive and negative emotions is a term in psychology. If you were to talk to any psychologist, then I bet they would bring it up.