View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Sangress

My dog still wanders through the house after death. (In spirit form of course)

I've had a whole room of people suddenly stop to hear a dog barking at the front door, from inside the house. No one but myself could see her wispy form at the door, but they recognized the bark.

They were a little disturbed, but, being me, I simply said "Don't worry, the dog still dislikes the cat next door. She still guards the house from her feline enemy even if she no longer has her physical body."

I've also had salespeople say that they could feel something licking their legs (which my dear dog Amelia used to do for some reason) and have become distressed, as all "normal" people would do.

Even a friends dog has played chasing games with an "invisible friend" in our house. Everyone found that very entertaining.

I think perhaps some animals find that they "die" too soon and decide to carry on as they used to. In fact I think my dog is happier without the limitations of a physical body.

I myself see no striking difference between spiritual and physical aspects of the world. I can still feel her tongue and fur against my finger tips as she runs by, or watch the end of the bed sink when she settles to sleep at my feet at night...etc

My relationship with her has certainly grown and changed since her death. We communicate on a much deeper level.

I expect her to be a guardian of this house, or myself, for a long while. :)