View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Lamby

Psychoslice - how timely your comment! I had just discovered a web site, last night or the night before, that said this:

"Actually, we are surrounded all the time by spirits. All things have spirit. All are infused with spirit from the Great Mystery. We can communicate with the spirits of plants, animals, stones, etc., if we sincerely wish to, are respectful, and are willing to try."

source:
http://www.bookmice.net/darkchilde/spirit/tastan.html

What intrigued me most was that the author was talking about stuffed animal toys.

Just today I was pondering this. It seems reasonable to me that a stuffed animal would have this spirit because even the most man-made of substance was created first with ingredients that came from this world. And, if you pressed further, didn't every "ingredient" once have life, even the ones we might say are now life-less, or inert? I'm sure I'm going off topic - but I just had to comment on this. I loved your post.

To get back to the topic, certainly all breathing creatures must have this spirit, or whatever name might be used, too.