View Single Post
Old 16-02-2018, 06:58 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual Mike
You're right Debrah and I do admire James and his style of activism, he's very wise and a great speaker, so he's a great vegan to emulate.

After quite a few years of living the lifestyle I've become pretty quiet as a vegan and I've also faced some health challenges which has taken my confidence away, even though those health issues I'm quite sure are nothing to do with being vegan.. so I'm really on the sidelines in terms of activism right now, because of health but also because I've just been overwhelmed by all the cruelty and the casual acceptance of it by non vegans.

I agree that I should try to focus on the positive more but it can be so hard to find some days.

I'm moving into that kind of experience more and more too. But I think that's pretty normal that we give tons of energy to something at the beginning of our interest/understanding and we're young and energetic. Then as I've gotten older, I think I've almost become like it's a little bit routine,. (sad as that is to say).

I comfort myself with the knowledge that people like Joey Carbstrong, James Aspey and Earthling Ed are the younger, stronger generation who're picking up the torch. And there'll be another generation of activists after them....

Also, I'm moving over to producing a blog where a vegan lifestyle/diet will be the focus, with a view to showing older people that it's not that daunting a task to look for a new, ultra health, ultra kind lifestyle that's not only doable, but supporting of spiritual and societal evolution. If you're curious, you can take a peek at it here: https://agelessatsixty.com

Last edited by Debrah : 16-02-2018 at 05:38 PM.