View Single Post
Old 20-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Greetings to both Knight and Shivatar.

The 'religion' the OP professes is a mixture between Gaudiya Vaishnavism (think; Hare Krishna Movement) and orthodox Christianity - think; Jehovah = Krishna and all that entails!

Not my 'cup of tea' unfortunately although as far as 'creating religions' goes...I have basically created my own; or re-created it since it died out in the 13th century.

I'm looking at my shrine right now...of course there are statues of Shiva - 2 of them, a nice statue of the Goddess, Kali...I just went out and bought a Thai Buddha today and that is there alongside a Shiva Lingam and on my wall there's another picture of Shiva, a picture of Ardhanarishwara (Shiva Shakti), the Shri Yantra, the Yin/Yang Symbol, a chart of the Chakras, a Tibetan mask of Bhairava/Mahakala and another Buddha (in Yab Yum), a picture of Prambaran Temple, a picture of Patanjali...

Is tantra a religion? if not, I have just made it so. lol (but only for myself mind you). =)

It's more than OK to create your own set of guiding beliefs in life. Some might call that a personal religion, but if it's just a personal thing and not preached then I feel there should be a different word to signify that big difference.

In other words, it's natural for each person to seek and seek until they find a comprehensive set of beliefs for helping them navigate and live in the material world. However trying to share this with the world is exceedingly difficult and can cause harm great pain if done improperly.

It's like building a house. We don't move in when the roof and floor is finished, we wait until it is all the way finished and the walls and insulation are on there too.