View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 08:54 AM
Pathfinder
Personally, I am surprised at the degree of religion refusal. I can agree to a point, that all religions are in one way or another still dogmatic today and still have their own problems, no doubt. But to refuse all religions as some nonsense,...is in my opinion wrong. Afterall, at some point, hypocriticality begins, vast majority of modern spiritual beliefs and practices comes from one or another religion. To say namaste is Hinduism, to trying then to enducate someone who is saying Hallelujah is wierd.. Yes, I do think that all religions have their own problems, they fail to teach the right messages or even don't practice them themselves or are sometimes even bad examples, but still, religions do have imense know-how, insights, they offer to a practitioner a framework to build their own relationship or establishing a connection with the divine. The ''modern spirituality'' is very bad at this, regardless of the huge desire of modern man to connect with the divine, it often does not work, statements as ''My consciousness is the Universe's way of experiencing itself'' does not say much, they don't help much, even more various highly complex western or eastern philosophies make most of the people even more depressed, stressed out and lost, since they are very hard to understand in meaningful way, It's like some leap to go from 0 to transcendence in one second, and it does not work that way, at least not for vast majority of people. Also the notions of taking care for one another and the world are completely missing in most of ''modern spirituality'' usually everything revolves like this; me, myself and I, may this be in some law of attraction where our mega ego can attract whatever it wants and the universe is like genie in the bottle, to throw a ferrari infront of our door, if we just align ourselves with enough greed,..I could go on and on, before I could find anykind of message or teachings that will be based on helping the poor, compassion,community, equality,..as long this is not the case,..I don't see how this ''reject all religion train'' would be able to deliver a better world or ''enlightenment''.