View Single Post
Old 20-10-2018, 01:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani
I just had a friend post something on my FB page about how she busts her butt working hard and pays into government programs that support people who can't work, and she said I should get a job because I am probably living off these programs so I can go to concerts all the time when I am capable of working.

1) She has no idea if i'm capable of working, I am actually in therapy right now because working causes me anxiety and depression.

2) I am not living off the government, I am living off my savings and an inheritance.

3) I have busted my butt working for more years than she's been alive, at one point I even worked 12 hours every day without a day off for 6 weeks at a time! I think I deserve a few months off to enjoy life for once.

UGH! Am I wrong for being upset about this?
I cannot have friends or a job, because I won't let myself be controlled by anybody and I also won't let anybody tell me what to do, when to do or how to do...I have even been known to become resentful so much, that I become physically violent and so, I stay away from other people as much as I can.

I believe that comes from overcontrolling and overdominating parents, who always used to hover over/around me like a helicopter, watching everything I do and as soon as I put a foot wrong, spoke out of turn, I was whipped over and over so I could not sit or lay down.

I have developed a few 'tricks' though...and one of them is the mantra "thank you for your concern...I will consider it" even though you have NO intention of doing so...at least you have acknowledged their blatant and unwanted intrusion into your privacy and basically said "leave it with me"...and this can be extended indefinitely and ignorance can be prolonged for as long as you like it by simply saying "I am still looking into it, but thanks"...eventually, your friend will either shut up or go away forever and both of those scenarios are preferrable.

Even when my family wants me to do them a favour now, they know that if I am doing something for another out of the goodness of my heart, the other person does NOT get to dictate the terms...because that is called "being used" and so I say right at the outset..."my offer of assistance is totally conditional in that I get to decide when and how to do that favour for you"..and that is usually met with "don't bother...thanks for nothing" which means they were contemplating totally using and abusing me. ;)

I have found that I am better off without friends because I am unfettered, unlimited and totally free and my own mental illness makes it totally impossible for me to be able put up with other people's s*** for even a second anyway.