View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 05:19 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Wow, what rich information. I have booked mark to read this later when I have more time to soak it. Thanks

I always felt such a deep spiritual connection with the Ocean and all it's wonder. I love picking up shells and discovering sea amenities. I always felt a mystic & divinity type energy just putting a shell to the ear.

We use actual sea shells regularly in the religion of Palo. The sea shells are called "Vititi Nkobos." Vititi means "See/Vision," & Nkobos means "Shells," together in English they funnily mean "See Shells."

I don't have the Vititi Nkobos yet. You have to be a priest or priestess to have your own set. But they look like this:

The Vititi Nkobos are used to actually perform "fortune telling" readings. Each number of sea shells facing up has its own ancient set of meanings. They are really accurate, when done by an experienced priest/ess.

Santeria has their own system of fortune telling with sea shells called Dilogun, you can watch a video about it Here.

In Nigeria and neighboring regions, there is a divination system called Ifa, and Afa or Fa in Voodoo [Benin] which uses sea shells. You can watch a man show how it's done Here.

Using sea shells to divine with is ancient. Over in Benin - Voodoo capital of the world, where Haitian Vodou came from - the priests use 4 sea shells to speak with their fetish statue. You can watch a priest use them in this part of a video: LINK, [note: there is a graphic part in the clip where they offer a rooster to the spirit to heal someone of cancer.

This video explains the Jiaobei, and how to use them: Video.

Last edited by pseudonymus : 07-02-2019 at 06:17 PM.