View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I have found the moment of submitting to a greater force, acknowledging that 'I' am not enough, to be both vital and life-changing to me.

But I am currently finding a lot of truth in some of the Tibetan Buddhist attainments, especially clear light.

My question is, in Buddhism/Tibetan Buddhism, is there also a moment of submitting to some greater force/Buddha, because I can't imagine attaining anything without this crucial 'submission to something greater' moment.

Very cool stuff.

Think of that submitting as more of a letting go and trusting. Trusting in yourself and what you experience. For example not being afraid of what you may experience in meditation or energy practices.

In Tibetan Buddhism lama means guru. It is not about submitting to the guru but trusting him/her and his/her guidance along the path. The guru path is about being open, trusting in others and using that to realize it within yourself at a much deeper level.

All practices are that way. Yidam deity practice is using those divine qualities of a Buddha to realize them within. It isn't about worshipping some Buddha.

Again, very cool stuff django.