View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Submitting to a greater force is not part of Buddha's Teachings.

" In Buddhism there are no divine revelations or divine messengers. A Buddhist is, therefore, not subservient to any higher supernatural power which controls his destinies and which arbitrarily rewards and punishes. Since Buddhists do not believe in revelations of a divine being Buddhism does not claim the monopoly of truth and does not condemn any other religion. But Buddhism recognizes the infinite latent possibilities of man and teaches that man can gain deliverance from suffering by his own efforts independent of divine help."
The Divine Messengers are called the Apsaras...

I am going to be very "Buddhist " here....There are MANY different schools of Buddhism, each liking to think their own schools and teachings are superior and authoritarian.

For example, so many times, I read "in Buddhism, it says this" when the statement is over generalised, because in the Buddhism that I follow says the opposite...but then, the "truth" becomes a self righteous concept...The schools of Buddhism all vary according to the country they were adopted in...from Java to aNepal and back again.