View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I do not have any compassion because I'm totally emotionally desensitised to the whole concept of it. This also pretty much reflects the way the world is as a whole.

My family knows better than to re-hash news stories, even though they still try and elicit some kind of emotional response from me.

"Oh wow, this crazy dude just killed 59 people in Las Vegas...ISIS is claiming responsibility...isn't that terrible?...it's awful!...poor people!...etc"

I'm like "yawn...again?...who cares?...give a crazy dude a gun and yeah, he's gonna shoot people...and ISIS will claim anything that suits their warped publicity agenda...what I don't get is how he managed to stockpile 29 rifles in one location without even being noticed..."

So that's me and my 'compassion' I just go "their karma, not mine...not my circus, not my monkeys...yada..."
It is one way to manage the actual dude himself. Your using a rather logical means and belief to see it. That can work.

If you were to, or had to sit face to face with one of the victim's family who has lost their son or daughter, in deep despair and grief, perhaps your logical mind might listen deeper for them in that moment and be more compassionate, so you might see yourself more open to something more.. I know whoever you are as you are will be as it needs, but it was just thought that arose reading your response..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder