View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 12:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
I suppose in this context, "the totality of reality" could be consider all that exists/occurring/unfolding in the Universe and in the world in general. Narratives and opinions could be consider various view points and perceptions that a person may hold about reality. In such a case perceiving reality through the lens of your personal story VS the ability to witness reality as it is are two different things. :)

"Being aware without thinking about it" as you said is an excellent example of this. For instance, everyone has their particularly set of world view and how they make sense and participate in the world. "Being aware without thinking about it" would be seeing the world as it is in its simplicity without being burdened by the thoughts and bias one might have. Therefore you are perceiving reality outside the confines of your conditioning and there is a complete and profound sense of silence, grace, peace, and acceptance.

I don't know what it means to accept reality as it is without the egoistic narrative. I'm learning. I assume what you mean is to see from the enlightened perspective. To see reality without the concept of a self, to become reality basically. Right now I can do that with very limited success, for brief windows, I would consider that I do know how to do it when I do it all the time and without effort.

What I currently do is flip flop between seeing the narrative of others, seeing my narrative, and seeing without a narrative. I like it this way. I feel it gives the most amount of learning for where I currently am on my path. When I only tried to see without a narrative I failed. The more I learn about what my narrative is, by being aware of it, by letting it go, and by adopting the narrative of others, the better I can handle it.