View Single Post
Old 16-10-2018, 01:41 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Even though I am a Hindu, I'm often skeptical about the validity of certain Hindu texts, in that I just cannot blindly accept them all, even though I am of that religion.

I will give you an example to illustrate EXACTLY what I mean here.

You, obviously, are a Vaishnavite (Vishnu follower)...I am a Shaivite (Shiva follower). You will place Lord Vishnu 'above' Lord Shiva and say that Lord Shiva is only under Lord Vishnu's command to destroy the universe...when I thought all that was Bhagavan Kalki's job anyway (an Avatar of Lord Vishnu) but I digress.

Now, to me, Vishnu and Shiva are each just facets/aspects of Brahman Absolute and one is really no higher/lower/different to the other...Lord Shiva just chose me (that is the best way to put it).

You have your beliefs and I have mine...you will say that all my beliefs are "wrong" because they are not exactly the same as yours...meanwhile, I will say NOTHING because I got over trying to get everybody else to believe me at ALL costs AGES ago...so my silence is seen as 'an admission of ignorance/defeat' by one who believes that Lord Vishnu is the "Supreme Personality of Godhead" when I personally believe that is Lord Shiva...but I won't try to convince YOU of that, because it is pointless...just like you trying to convince me that Lord Shiva is not God is totally pointless...but still others relentlessly try. Why they haven't given up already...I have NO idea...I'm willing to give up...even let them 'WIN' because that is what their ego WANTS, irrespective of the truth...but they will say "it is TRUE because this revered holy teacher said it"...thing is, they will believe in that holy teacher...or their philosophy/school is BASED on that holy teacher, so the writings and philosophy cannot be questioned...but ONLY by one who follows that path...but if I don't believe/follow Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, what then?...well, of course, Gaudiya Vaishnavas will say "that is because you are totally ignorant" when according to their BELIEFS, I am ignorant, but their beliefs are NOT mine, so according to MY beliefs, I am not ignorant.

Now, here comes the cool part...

They will say "well, our beliefs are TRUE, so you ARE ignorant" and I will say, "well MY beliefs are true TOO and they say that I am not ignorant, so whose truth is actually true then?"

...and of course, they will say theirs is true...and show me passages out of the Srimad Bhagavatam...to which, I will say "is that so?" and show them contradicting passages out of the Skanda Purana...only to have them say "that text is fake/false because our philosophy is way superior" only for me to say "well, that's only because you BELIEVE it is"...

In the end, it goes round and round for hours, so to get ANY peace that does not require physical ignorance (to fit the label) or harsh expletives (to fit ANOTHER label)...I will simply ADMIT to being a Rakshasi (Demon), and telling them they are wasting their time with me...and if they don't leave me alone, I will put a curse on them...probably eat them too - thus fulfilling this whole fake 'stereotypical role' - but it keeps other people happy going "I was RIGHT...look people, a demon...fear her! she worships that rogue Demigod Shiva...take refuge at Krishna's feet NOW before she steals your soul".

It is quite hilarious actually.

Dealing with my depression I once went to a christian website where they asked about my religion and the gods I worship.I told them about Shiv ji and they started saying that I was worshiping a demon with many faces.I felt deeply hurt because of this.