View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 10:20 AM
Experiencer

Happyhaunt03
I think we have had a chat on a previous thread :) . Thank you for replying. Everything you say, I can resonate with.
What is it with the feeling that we will reunite? I have sensed it in the past and it also came to nothing. I guess with what is happening in my life right now – I am trying to get a venture off the ground which, whilst doesn’t directly concern him, may well bring me into contact with him once or twice or at least give me something to talk with him about. This does feel different – yet I guess it always does. I feel as if this time I can ‘not be weird’ and just be friendly, approach it for what it is, if that makes sense. But as you say, so complicated. I want to just have a normal conversation with him but I am so over-conscious of him that I feel as if I would just make the whole thing awkward. Part of me wants so much to tell him everything but even after 10 years I doubt I could explain it to him, seeing as I can’t even explain it properly to myself. And I doubt he would understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhaunts03
I can't say much, but I feel like your experience and mine are very similar. Through everything--marriage to someone else, the birth of 3 children, and other major life events, the connection never disappears. It ebbs and flows, but this man is always in the back of my mind, sometimes more in the front. And like you, it's not a desire for something romantic. I have that with my partner. It's something else entirely, a different kind of connection. I've felt like we were going to reunite multiple times, but over 12 years, it has yet to happen. I look inside myself, but each time, it comes down to something uniquely him. And no matter how I change my life path, any effect is very short-lived.

I wish you luck with this connection you have. It's a complicated thing.