View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
to truly LOVE God with everything, one must be willing to put "God", Jehovah ,before ones self. meaning trying to do his "will" as Jesus stated, which will give us life ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). Jesus even said that we should deny ourselves in order to follow him ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me).

it's so hard for some, because MANY are more into their wants and needs more so than God. also satan, makes it hard by throwing in our faces, ALL that we desire. especially when he knows it goes against Jehovah God and Jesus. many of us are more about what the world has to offer ,which ISN'T MUCH. vs what Jehovah and Jesus offers, which is eternal life.

see (1John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever).

That is a nice synopsis of the Greatest commandment.

Can you do the same for the 'second' commandment?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜