View Single Post
Old 15-04-2018, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
If it had nothing to do with them or they were just "occupying space" than you would be able to establish that feeling with anyone you wanted to at anytime. But you can't, or at least I know I can't.

What about those who do though? Hence the whole runner/chaser dynamic. I've read here on many threads of how they have moved on. Dated someone else. Got married. It seems pretty easy for them to do so. Yet it seems the runners are never able to. Which, to me, seems to be a one sided connection that is not fully felt on both parties.

I know for me personally they were easily able to marry and be in a long relationship. (sure some would argue they go into fake relationships where there are not full feelings there. But I'm not so sure.) I've known others personally who went through the same thing where their "other" for a lack of better term were able to just up and disappear, and reappear married to someone else.

To me that follows suit to the theory that it's love itself people are chasing. That euphoric feeling they get from love and being in love, and being loved. More so than the person. Sure, people have great memories with people. We all recall when it was we fell in love with someone, or how they made you feel. And the fun you had with each other.