View Single Post
Old 28-02-2018, 08:14 AM
Experiencer
I have collected a lot of cystals, many types of quartz, feldspar, chalcedony and others. I have collected most of the classics and focus on larger raw specimens 8-30 lbs. They make really nice displays and conversation pieces.

The one that I haven't gotten around to getting is a nice large chunk of Tiger eye. I love the way it shimmers, I have a nice piece of labradorite, so I should be happy, but Tiger eye is different and has a unique tone to it.

I would also love to get a huge 60 + LBS nicely formed chunk of anything cool like natural citrine, amethyst, quartz, fluorite, tourmaline, something monster big that I could use as a focus point in my living room.

Speaking of tourmaline, I love the pictures of the tourmaline you posted Saturinepluto ! It's my wife's favorite stone. The red one looks especially nice but I have seen extremely impressive examples of blue ( indicollite ) as well. One year for Christmas I bought her a couple large tourmaline stones sort of like those. One was a 160 carat tri-coloured tourmaline peach, pink and green. It's really stunning and looks great on the coffee table....don't ask me what I paid, it was a stupid high price, but the woman gets what she wants...she always does