View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 10:38 PM
Knower
I've got a good one for ya. This is something I use at any moment in time, no matter what I'm doing.

There is a witness, to all appearances.
Thoughts, senses, your entire experience is the appearances. They are the witnessed.

Let's look at the witness of those experiences.

You can turn your mind's eye inward, turn your focus inward, and you should reach a void. Pull your focus into the void. You realize that no matter what you are doing, you are this unchanging, uncaring void.

When I say "uncaring", ironically it is in a state of constant love with the appearances. Intimitely close with the appearances. But NEVER affected by the appearances.

Whatever you are doing, take a moment to notice the void. Take a moment to notice that YOU are the void. By doing this, you enter a state of stillness, no matter what is going on. Your body and mind can still act as they need to, but YOU are always the still, silent witness. It's kinda like you are watching a movie but you have nothing to say about the movie, you are just watching.

Just take moments to notice this. Over time it becomes like a meditative state that you can carry around with you anywhere.