View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator
Well Caroline, I have experimented with everything. No over-the-counter hair product, conditioner, Argan oil etc has really worked for more than 5 minutes. I bought some Argan oil spray and cannot bear the smell of it. It smells perfectly fine....but I can't stand heavy and strong perfumes. To me it smells like a room full of Eastern Incense. A bit overpowering. It also dulls and yellows blonde hair I found.

So I experimented with cooking oil! I have organic Rapeseed oil (which I know many dislike but I like the taste of it and it is light) I mix it well -really whip it up - with a few drops of lavender oil, and some ordinary hair conditioner, then leave that on my hair for 30 minutes minimum. (Yes I know -not totally natural re: the hair conditioner...but it worked better than anything else so far! And doesn't leave behind a horrible greasy smell like other cooking oils.)
For those who are horrified by using a cooking oil!....try coconut oil, or if you have it, Almond oil. I just used what was in my fridge.

I also bought an infusion of Frankincense in Almond oil, and rub that into my hair in very small amounts (when I can be bothered!)

Another thing that I found worked surprisingly well was Vaseline lip balm "Lip therapy with Rose and Almond oil" It smells lovely. I just rub a bit on my hands and massage into the ends of my hair. It worked very nicely. Good thing is, if you use that it becomes dual purpose. It doesn't leave my hair greasy but adds some shine and moisture. Don't completely plaster it on or it will be greasy.
Again, that remedy isn't totally 'natural' either. It's petroleum jelly!

Best I have come up with so far!

Last edited by Tobi : 05-11-2016 at 01:35 AM.