View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrandedSnowMonkey
Now that I've started reading about soul groups, it perhaps makes a little more sense... reading about the emotions of those who feel for the ones left behind.

One of my Grandads had alzheimers. It really upset me when we visited him on the ward, as my parents said that he wasn't really there ~ whilst I could understand what they meant by that, it hurt when they said it in front of him. At the time I was just happy to smile and be there. He may not have been able to respond, but I still felt that he could hear me.

StrandedSnowMonkey, I totally relate. My Dad, who crossed over on October 31st (I find this date of his transition so intriguing!!!) was weakened by dementia the last 5 months of his physical life. I felt so powerless and angry at the Canadian medical system for chemically imprisoning my Dad - they drugged the daylights out of him so he wouldn't be so aggressive. I know it was for his own "safety" and that of the nurses - but I so wish our society could create a chemical-free and safe healthcare agency that did not rob even more of a person's mind ... Dad's mind was diminished by his disease and the drugs took away even more.

But! I ALWAYS KNEW my Dad's soul was "there" even if his physical mind was incapacitated. And yes, I believe that he could still hear us when we visited. In fact, the day before he transitioned, and he was pretty out of it, I told him it was okay for him to go ... we'd take care of Mom ... we wanted him to escape his misery and "go home" ... and the next day he did, peacefully and quietly (according to the nurse, who was really close to my Dad, and who was there with him during his final breath.)

And I also KNOW that my Dad and I still have a relationship, a connection. Only now it is on a different level, with him being in Spirit form and me still in human form.