View Single Post
Old 23-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Personally, I have a hard time connecting with this theory. It does not resonate with me, but that's just my subjective consciousness at work here.

If I'm entertaining this theory though, I would pose the following questions. Are these infinite numbers of 'you' equally conscious/aware in those realities as you are right now in this particular reality we are communicating in? If so, why would your consciousness/awareness 'transfer' to any other 'you' in these other realities when you experience physical death in this one? Those other units of 'you' are already conscious/aware and living out those experiences in those realities... So I don't understand why there is any need for this to happen nor why there would be a mechanism by which you would suddenly jump to or merge with some specific other realities (how would it be determined?). Also, if another version of 'you' dies in another reality, is it merging with the 'you' that's still living out this current reality? If so, how would that be experienced (what would it feel like)? Lastly, what happens when all of these physical vessels of 'you' in these various realities expire (die) and can no longer support Consciousness? Where does it go then and what would that last remaining 'death' experience be like?

I know language is limiting when it comes to conveying complex thoughts & concepts. That being said, it feels a bit contradictory when you suggest that the current version of 'you' goes away and simply no longer exists - then shortly after you state that 'you' are continuing on experiencing another version of yourself. What is the distinction between these two you's being referenced? What is it that is transfering/switching from one reality to the next? Consciousness? Is there a lack of Consciousness in those other realities, some vacancy that needs to be filled?

(Just want to be clear Dutchie that you do not have to actually address or attempt to answer my questions... I'm simply expressing here how my thought-process works when it comes to testing/challenging proposed theories from my current understanding/awareness)

P.S. - scientist Robert Lanza (author of the theory of Biocentrism) was publicly speaking about this same idea/notion a couple years ago in relation to quantum theory. You may be interested in some of his comments and/or presentations:
https://www.sott.net/article/271933-...verse-at-death

I am wondering - have you spent much time familiarizing yourself with the Thanatology / NDE literature that is out there and available for exploration & contemplation? Individuals in the 'out of body' state specifically during NDE's frequently report an awareness that their physical body has been left behind and discarded. It's not uncommon for there to be an awareness of 'death' present, and the individual does not want to return to his/her physical body & human lifetime. Such reported experiences to me would speak against the notion of having no awareness that physical death has transpired. Also, the often recounted 'Life Review' experience suggests that there is a higher process in place whereby the physical lifetime that was just experienced is then consciously evaluated & reflected upon. If this is indeed what happens when the Conscious energy leaves the physical body behind, this would not seem to support the notion of of instantaneously transferring/switching/merging with other versions of 'you' in other physical realities (human lifetimes)... Some individuals in the NDE state report consciously experiencing other dimensional realms too. To be conscious (aware) of these very unique experiences seems to suggest that there is much more going on during the 'death process' than some might otherwise suspect...

i believe you may be misunderstanding what im saying, when i say you "transfer" to another version of your self, i do not mean that in the literal sense, think about it, "you" is your conscious/awarness, thats what gives you the the very concept of who "you" are, without conscious or awareness, you would not know that you exist...
so the best way i can explain this is by guiding you through a visual thought for a moment, its very simple but you will have to use your imagination to understand this concept..
remember, this idea is based on the notion that there is multiple realities that you exist in.
so, lets imagine that your crossing a road, you walk across the road with no harm coming to you, you simply continue on your way to where ever you were going.
now, lets throw in the theory of multiple realities into play, this theory suggest that somewhere, in some other reality, while walking across that same road, you end up getting hit and killed by a car.
now, what do you think it would be like if this happened?
the version of "you" who crossed the road safely is not aware of the reality in which you were hit and killed, thus, to that version of "you" it never happened, you will have no memory of such a event ever happening.
so if the "you" that died simply stops existing at death, then "you" are now a different version of yourself.keep in mind that "you" are still "you" no matter which reality your in.you seem to be assuming i meant that "you" literally transfer to another self in a alternate reality, this is not the case, in fact, its more precise to say that at death, your gone, you exist no longer in that current reality in which you died in, this means there is no memory of ever dieing, the "you" which died is no more, how ever, there is still more of "you" that has not been killed, thus, the other "you's" continue on with life as if nothing happened.
so you dont go anywhere, you dont get to bring your memories into a alternate reality in that which you never existed in, instead, you vanish into a void of nothingness.
dont get me wrong, i am not saying that this is what happens at death, i am merly giving my speculation on what it would be like to die if the theory of alternate realities is true.