View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 02:28 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Ok, my understanding. My truth.

In your OPINION I'm wrong. Again, my understanding, my truth. I'm all for LISTENING to other people's opinions, perceptions and truths. And I'm also big enough to accept change of thought IF it resonates with me, if it doesn't, then out it goes.

[color=Black]I'm not weighing apples and pears. I do believe it's pre-set. Just like our whole life is.I've had too many occassions where I've been brought back from the brink of death to believe any differently now. If I wasn't meant to be here, doing what I'm doing I wouldn't be. And Ok, the choices we make may veer us off the pathway but the very next thought can potentially put us back on track.

That's where I think you are wrong .. but that's your opinion, your truth and I certainly wouldn't try and change that. I don't belief life has a game plan. For me, everything happens for a reason, and I hold that very firmly in my heart. I've had too many synchronistic events happen to believe otherwise.

It all comes down to your beliefs, Jules. There is no 'my truth' only 'my belief'. I agree wholeheartedly that if anything doesn't appeal to your reason then reject it - but I'd suggest that belief is not a good substitute for what you don't understand. I'll leave that with you....

I don't have any beliefs as substitutes for what I can't follow fully. Your excusrsions to the edge of death may indeed have been an important part of your experiences but that doesn't necessarily make significant similar ones for others... It's the interpretation of these events which is so important. For some they may be significant but it's important not to see every such event that way.

I have NO personal, individual truths. By now I've accepted that my direction has been steered in various ways but always allowing for my freewill to dominate should I choose - and I do choose.

Without fail every life has a 'game plan' and belief about it can not change the actuality. BUT not every life is highly orchestrated or defined.

The plan may be for a gentle meander through the backwaters just as much as it may be for another to steer great events in the physical, events which will help many to progress spiritually in ways we can never know but may be able to appreciate if we open our eyes to these possibilities....

Of course everything happens for a reason - just not necessarily the reason we may think....