View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Personally, I don't think you should thank the nurse, and I'm completely indifferent to being thanked, I was just thinking that we are fortunate in a similar way in that there is a lot of free time, though much of it is wasted, but the meditation to me is partly some time on the mat, but mainly it's 'getting real' about the mind's trickiness, such as the things we may tell ourselves like you mentioned. It's really just self-honesty in seeing things as they are, like seeing the 'little excuses' as our own bulldust that gets in the way. I mean, doing the routine of practice is great and beneficial and all that, but the deeper issue is the discipline, innit. That's the actual thing realised, and it is realised by taking an honest look at it... For me there's only one way forward. Goodbye computer forums.

Anyway, I was only going to say we are very fortunate to have such free time, but perhaps making much better use of it would be for the best.
As for 'goodbye computer forums' I have thought about it too, but then again, if I am going to discipline/regiment myself, going online and onto sites like this one, I can even make a time for doing that, like 1-2 hours every second or third day with no more than 6 hours per week and gradually decrease the time spent online until I can find a comfortable time every time.

I may even say "I am only going to go on SF for one hour before bed, so 9pm - 10pm is 'SF time'. This is better than leaving the site in my taskbar all day, checking up on it every 2 hours or so and replying to what I do for about 4-5 hours straight every day.

With discipline also comes moderation, but yep - free time, I have a LOT of it and the nurse wants to change that and so do I, really.

This year is going to be all about:

1. Meditation and spiritual pursuits
2. Aqua Aerobics
3. Getting my Reiki qualifications
4. Learning Tai Chi
5. Doing Yoga
6. Joining local social groups &
7. Going fishing (don't worry veggie people, there aren't any fish around here).lol

...and a lot of other things besides.

I just have to find things that interest me and that I want to do to fill in that diary/planner thing she's going to bring me in 2 weeks.

So yeah, I said thank you and I don't care for platitudes either - but I am always rummaging around for words to say after somebody is helpful, friendly and offers sound advice. I can say "thank you" I can say "pee off now" or I can say nothing and act like a rude a-hole....so I'd rather say 'thank you'.

So, I shall not thank you for your posts and contribution here as I am aware now that you won't appreciate it.