View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Thanks Wanchain. I didn't think you sounded arrogant at all. Thank you for your honest sharings. I really appreciate them. I need to know when I'm not explaining things well.

You inspired me to write a post about this on my blog so I'm clear about what I mean to other people: link

Thanks again :)
Uma

Hi Uma,

I roughly get your blog. I think in terms of analogies and images, so your explanation is easy to understand.

The stepping down concept is new to me, but it makes sense, that the life energy, although abundant in the universe, needs to step down, to a level that our physical body can use.

The way I understand you, is that the chakra system is talking about energy flow at a higher level whereas the acupuncture concept is talking about energy at a stepped down level in the body. The sushumna is connected to the dumai, but they are on different levels.

The four subtle layers (of energy?) that you alluded to, is that outside the physical body? As part of the aura? Each layer is aligned or connected to a specific major chakra, by way of its vibrational frequency? Energy that goes into each chakra has to be further stepped down to enter the meridians?

When I went for my acupuncture sessions, my acupuncturist said he could help pull in more energy into my body by poking needles here and there. I never asked how I could acquire more energy just from having needles on me, but I guessed energy could directly enter my body through those acupoints, or more specifically, through stimulation of those acupoints. Is that your understanding?

If I comprehend the above correctly, then I think I understand my experiences more. I had received a couple sessions of Reconnective Healing, which is supposed to help me connect to the universe better. Prior to that, I had one session of Axiatonal Alignment, and what I noticed most was its balancing effect, not so much the connection to the universe. Anyway, to tie back to your blog, these few days, I try to plug my body in to the universal energy grid, as I need to "recharge" (I suffer from energy deficiency since I was a kid). I feel a vague, faint, light, subtle flow of energy in my body, going in whichever direction it likes. I am not sure if it is a recharge of energy from the universe, or whether that flow is my own energy, but I only know that when I am consciously plugged in, the flow is stronger.

I am not good at directing energy to flow along a certain meridian. What I mean is, I can get energy to flow from one point to another, say from head to toe, but if you tell me to move it along so-and-so meridian, I cannot do it. So when I direct the flow, the energy is not moving along inside a certain meridian. This is something that truly baffled my acupuncturist. He had seen many patients, perhaps 10,000, but had never seen one like me. Every time when he pokes a needle in me, he expects the energy to travel down a certain meridian, but it doesn't. What can be expected from my body is that the energy around the needle, in an area about 1.5" (max) radius, may be stimulated.

I think my energy doesn't flow very well inside my meridians, although I can definitely sense the flow quite distinctly on, in, and around my body. I wonder if it is because the energy cannot step down. Does this make sense to you?

Wanchain