View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Experiencer
Thank you all for your responses. It's interesting to hear the different life stories and intitiations, and to see how many shamanic practitioners are here. I think perhaps what happens is there tends to be an overemphasis of physical initiations, whereas it seems to be a higher likelihood of mental initiations with one or two physical ones thrown in.

Regarding the learning process, I know at least one of you for sure, what did you guys do for learning? I know that in the early stages, many people have doubts about the validity of their experiences and having a physical mentor to at least talk about them can help alleviate that. To those of you who didn't have a physical mentor, did you have trouble with self-confidence in the experiences? How did you overcome them?
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."