View Single Post
Old 29-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
First of all, I just ask this question just to know it, not for planing anything like this.

I have thought about several cases which could apply:

1. One have a normal life and, for some reason, decides to take this decision.

2. One have some chronical disease.

3. One have some kind of disability.

4. One sacrifice himself to save others.

5. One decides to take bad habits to "speed up" the dying process.

I would like to apologise if this question has offended to anyone.

I think it depends on our state of consciousness, what is in our mind, at the time of physical death.
If a person is trying to escape a particular feeling or situation by ending their physical existence they
most likely will have a different experience than a person who sacrifices their life to save others.
Both are considered suicide, although one is more altruistic.

A great philosopher, Socrates, was sentenced to death, and at that time in Athens the death sentence
was carried out by the person dinking poison; essentially committing suicide. Suicide used to be an
acceptable practice sanctioned by the courts, and even today suicide is considered acceptable, although
less than in the past, by some in Japan, i.e. hari-kari or seppuka, a form of ritual suicide dealing with honor.

Suicide is viewed differently around the world, dependant on the dominant religious beliefs in a particular society.
An while people in wealthy nations, like the U.S., Switzerland, Japan, etc., live longer than people in poorer
nations, people in wealthier nations generally commit suicide more than people in poorer nations. Which in my
opinion has something to do with being spoiled by creature comforts.

Personally, I do not think the same thing happens to everyone in the afterlife who dies the same way.
There is great diversity here on earth and beyond. Do you think everyone who is murdered experiences
the same thing in the afterlife?

A person who takes their life for medical reasons is often assisted by a doctor, as assisted suicide is legal
in many states in the U.S. Dr. Jack Kevorkian, M.D. was famous for doing this. There are books, like the book,
“Final Exit,” that instructs people how to efficiently take their life. Because some who attempt suicide end up
causing, and living with, physical or mental damage from a botched suicide. Having worked in the medical field
I have seen this many times.

I do not advocate suicide but I do believe that in spite of perceived free-will, the universe, God if you will,
knows what we are going to do before we even think of doing it. According to the Christian Bible Jesus knew
Judas was going to betray him even before Judas knew he would betray him. He also knew Peter would
deny him, before Peter knew, according to the Bible.

I believe in karma and reincarnation, and that people are born here on earth for a certain purpose, and they
reincarnate because they have unfinished business; they have to balance the scales. I base this belief on
me having witnessed Past-Life Regression therapy sessions (Transpersonal Psychology), having had out-of-body
experiences myself, and embracing our physical body as a part of nature, and nature recycles everything.