Thread: altars
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 12:29 AM
Ascender
I've maintained a shrine for many years now. It is on a shelf in the corner of my room.

For cleansing, simple tidiness works best for me. Sometimes just clearing the shelf and leaving the space empty for a day or two also works. Spring water and occasional votive offerings will help to keep the shrine active.
As for charging, I don't focus energy into the shrine as I used to, my interests have since shifted. However I couldn't be without it.

Also, I'm not psychic and so unable to see any iridescence that may occur due to increasing build up of energy. Although one time, when I first began using a shrine, I had an unwelcome visitor enter my home and was almost psychically aware of my shrine being drained of all it's energy. In other words, I wasn't aware of any energy build up until it was gone. It was a little upsetting, though now I think on it as like a kind of spiritual anti-virus - cosmic protection.

I also keep a goldfish bowl (without water), but have seashells and rose quartz, coral, and twigs, as a secondary shrine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
If I need to cleanse it again, I can use a vortex I found near my house.
What is a vortex, and how do you recognize it as one?