View Single Post
Old 29-06-2013, 02:38 PM
kumarjitghoshal

Not harming animal is no doubt is a greater virtue , but one must understand what "AHARSUDDHI" is!
Ahar is lucidly means foods and Suddhi is sanctity ...... but AHAR is not only what we take as food through means of eating.
IF we go through in depth study of Sanskrit Gramatical meaning of AHAR ..... it not only means food that we eat ...... IT means whatever we swallow through our senses.
our physical body is nothing but a collection of food materials , and our mind also as a processing and directing authority of the senses is mostly comprises of what thoughts we let in through our senses.
IF a man is Vegetarian and possesses all inhuman qualities , his vegetarian habit is of no use for spiritual progress.
There is a story of Yogiraj Shyamacharan Lahiri ..... once he was invited by a disciple ..... when he went there ..... he was served many delicious foods including 3 to 4 types of fish preparations..... well ....he started eating ...... the disciple was very delighted and was offering more of fish preparation saying "Guruji take this more , i know you will like it , my mother cooked all for you with much devotion" ..... suddenly Yogiraj jumped up and said ...."what have you done .... you gave me fish! don't you know i am vegetarian ! " ...... the disciple was astonished and ashamed and said " but ...guruji i have seen you to eat fish other day at another occasion !"
"Never " Said Shyamacharan Lahiri ..... "I Never took any non-veg food" ... saying this he went away.
The disciple went to another senior disciple of Yogiraj and told him everything what happened and that he is feeling so bad about himself and about the lies of Guruji ...he could not understood the whole thing! The senoir Disciple said ..." Guruji's always stays diluted in Bhramhananda , in pure consciousness ...... everything , every particle is living for him ,..... he went to your home to satisfy your need to serve him , if you didn't mentioned what he was eating ..... he might not have noticed , but as you dragged down to material senses , he left to make you understand , Vegetarian food is only divine food till one is enjoying foods through senses"

Bhrambha Parnang Bhrambha Hobi Bhrambhagnou Hutam
Bhrambhibha Tena Gantabya , Bhrambha Karma Samadhina - Rig Veda

- who is eating is Bhrambha , What is eating is Bhrambha , the food will go to bhrambha , so the whole work is a Karma or action of Bhrambha.
BUT - we are not diluted in supreme consciousness , we act with attachment with our senses. SO,What ever we swallow through senses , it is the offering to the supreme being inside us to use it to sustain the body and mind to function in proper way for the higher purpose of our existence ..... so we must be cautious about what we are offering , we have to preserve the sanctity of the body temple , through proper kind of diet , vision , hearing , smelling , touching..... a purity all over is really helpful till we are like the Junior disciple of Yogiraj as in the story.