View Single Post
Old 13-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by plymgal
my son died 10 years ago very suddenly , and i am still stuck the world has moved on10 years and im still there stuck in the past if i allow my self to stop and think of him i can get overwhelmed and panicky, so i try not to ,i wish i could enjoy my life more, i never sit in silence i have to have tv radio or computer on from morning to night i find the quiet uncomfortable i dont know why .

I lost my almost 23-yr-old son 2 yrs. ago, so I know about what you've gone through. It was sudden for him, too. I get stomach aches at night, I'm sure part of which is being without him, y'know how we have all that empty space in our minds and hearts when we tuck ourselves in free to think about whatever lands. It's very hard. After about the first year, I fought with myself and talked to myself, to get tougher about it (and yet gentle to myself at the same time!) and told myself repeatedly that if I believe he is a spirit and I believe yes that he has visited in different ways (a few dreams, signs and just 'feeling his presence', then he is truly 'alive' somehow and that he is now a part of the invisible spectators in our lives who are rooting for us...to have as good a life as possible with as much joy, love, and all that other stuff as we can manage. I will always cry when I think of him, although it has gotten milder many of the times I think of him. It takes a certain amount of time in which to mellow after such a loss.