View Single Post
Old 28-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Suspended

That's the tricky thing to experience now as it is, not experience how you are making it.

Sometimes I imagine what here is like when I am not here. Like this room I am now sitting in, I imagine what it is like when nobody is home, when the room is empty. Then I try to be in that space, the room when I am not in it. To feel and sense what it is then, to experience that. To experience now as it is, how it is when I am not there.

There are a bunch of imagination exercises that work great to give you new way to experience things. Then once you have experienced them (or yourself) in a new way, you can find them again.

Another is to walk or sit somewhere in nature where there are no signs of modern life, then imagine yourself to be 5000 years in the past....so drop all you know about what you and the world is.... imagine how this would look and feel to you if you lived 5000 years ago. Be that person, look through their eyes. This can lead to new states as well.

These kinds of exercises can work like peeling an onion, allowing you to strip away more false parts of yourself and be more clear and free from conditioning.

We have all probably lived thousands of lifetimes, and in each one we become convinced we are that person with those experiences, so another exercise is to try to be that seed that is in each life, drop anything unique to this life, try to see or be in this present moment without all of the things you have accumulated this lifetime....look through the eyes of the one who is not this current person, or any of the past ones.