View Single Post
Old 28-02-2018, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
This idea 'hit me on a deeper level' recently. I was familiar with the concept already, for many years, but I feel that I really grasped it, that I made intellectual knowledge experiential knowledge.

We all have a different view of things, of ourselves, of others, of God. Each of you sees me in a different way, you have a 'version' of me, but none of you see me EXACTLY as I am. Nor do I know or understand myself perfectly.

The apostle Paul says, 'We see through a glass, darkly,' and, 'We know in part.'

Another example is the idea of 'attack'. Some people feel frequently violated. They may say, 'People are so mean to me! Why does everyone keep attacking me?!' But they have a VIEW of attack that is largely mistaken. 'Attack' is a loaded word. Some people feel that a very minor attack is a grave personal insult. So if we take things personally, our perception isn't in accord with actuality.

The goal is 'clear sight', 'true perception'. But we first have to deeply realize that 'perception is not reality'. We need to make an absolute distinction in our minds between what WE SEE and OBJECTIVE REALITY. Doing this opens the door to the recognition is WHAT IS.

My perceptions create my reality but that's not the greatest truth