Thread: Evil?
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones" Donald Rumsfeld
Not sure what is really being said, but it does seem interesting. What I got out of it was that some things can be predicted.
For example, when there is another mass shooting, I try to find answers as to why the person did what they did. What were some of the triggers, etc. that caused the person to do what they did.
Can some of these disasters be predicted? I would say "Yes" if people get more familiar with the perpetrator. Some claim the person is evil but the more I look at the background of the person, the person appears to be a result of their environment, childhood, lack of taking their meds or being prescribed the wrong meds.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜