View Single Post
Old 30-11-2017, 06:00 AM
Pathfinder
Hello Baroness

As a child I would often tell people about the spirits I saw,
and about things that would happen... I was called names, I was ridiculed,
beaten up, and sent to talk to doctors and priests. So by my teenage years
I pretty much figured out not to discuss these thing with anyone.
I went into the Navy, and spent a few years in the Orient, I had the reputation for finding the best most interesting places to "relax" and had a reputation for always avoiding trouble. I started to open up about my sensitivities and "otherworldly guides" to some of my shipmates, and found out they were more curious and less hostile than the people I grew up around. These days people sort of hunt me down for "help and guidance"
because of those "talents" that caused so much grief for me as a child. I'm now 50 years old and those I grew up with are more accepting, but still very uncomfortable with my sensitivities. I think it disturbs their "Normalcy Bias".
They would be far more accepting of a total stranger who is psychic than someone "in their life" such as a family member or close friend... Heck they might even pay a psychic $100 an hour for advice, but might not want to hear what you have to say for free. Its because it would all become TOO REAL for them when its someone in their "circle". Suddenly ghosts, spirits and psychic phenomenon is real and in their face... Because they know you,
trust you, and it makes it real for them, harder for them to dismiss, and some people have a hard time realizing there is more "out there" especially if they cannot see it, hear it or touch it...
Just my two cents (opinion)