View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 03:38 PM
Guide

I don't think so. I do think you need to take care of yourself through all of your responsibilities and struggles. Perhaps you could schedule a massage on weekends, go visit a sauna or spa (sometimes, having someone rub your back helps relieve stress and depression)mini vacations, a new haircut, go fishing, or pick out something nice, just for yourself. Be sure to reward yourself for all the hard work you do...and if finding a beautiful place to scatter your mother's ashes, helps you to feel peaceful...do that, too. Remember to have some fun, all work and no play, is not healthy. Your first responsibility is to take care of yourself...then you can take care of everything else.

Mothers and single parents are prone to depression, because they are always taking care of everyone and everything, they sometimes neglect to take care of their own health. My doctor told me this, when my children were little, and I was going through clinical depression...he said, you can't take care of anyone, until you take care of yourself first...he was right. It's amazing how many people feel guilty for this...and they shouldn't.